Production Updates, More Reviews, Facebook Highlights, Say Hi at Paleo Potluck
This is a copy of our latest newsletter. Make sure you're on our mailing list to get the big updates, monthly (at most) http://eepurl.com/i2egb
Production UpdatesWhile working with the larger sizes, our outsole maker realized that we could get a tighter bond between the outsole and the leather by adjusting the angle of the sidewalls a few degrees. This modification puts us back a week or two, but it is offset by another piece of good news...I was informed by our shoemaker Weinbrenner that our assembly time has shortened, looking at 4 weeks instead of 8 weeks, due to efficiencies discovered in the workflow. For this run, it is a wash and we're still looking at an April ship date. For future runs though, we can be even leaner and agile, with our factory lead time now 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks. Compare that to 24 weeks if made overseas. It is a thrill to have a supply chain full of vendors who are dedicated to continuous improvement and workmanship.
Roundup of Reviews
- "In my opinion, there is almost no comparison – my suits are dying for them!" -Minimalist Running Shoes
- "It was like I was wearing slippers, but nobody knew it." -Toe Salad
- "I have to say that with what we’ve seen thus far, I feel that this barefoot dress shoe...is going to be a tier above the rest." -Technically Running
- "The leather is incredibly uniform and supple, the stitching is perfect, and it just looks sexy." -In Search of Badass
- "Through it all, as is the sign of any good shoe, I never noticed they were there. Perhaps more importantly, nobody else did either." -Birthday Shoes
Highlights from FacebookHave you Liked our page? If not, you're missing out:
- It's confirmed: the Primal Professional can be resoled (photo)
- Our most controversial post, ever (status update)
- The elusive smooth-toe model is captured in a (photo)
If any of you are in town, there is an awesome potluck coming up hosted by Paleo Treats. It will be on Monday, March 18 6:30p-8:30p at 1815 B Main St, San Diego, California 92113. Bring something yummy to share, or just stop by and say hi! I'll be bringing homemade sauerkraut and a pair of PriPro for anyone who wants a sneak peek.
Paleo Parties in San Diego?
That's all for now! By the looks of things, we'll probably have one more update before you get shoes. That said, if you have not pre-ordered, they can still be had at $20-40 off on http://theprimalprofessional.com/
Can't wait until April...
Barefoot Mountain, CPA
For more frequent updates, Like us on facebook.com/thePrimalProfessional and follow us at twitter.com/PriProShoes